Indigenous Education Goal
Honoring Indigenous worldviews and local First Nations’ culture through school-wide cultural learning opportunities.
Ways We Will Support This Goal
- Weekly language and culture learning time in every class taught by our Aboriginal Education staff
- Increased Carrier language signage in the school
- Traditional land acknowledgment read daily by grade 3 students in our morning message
- Continuation of community connections and incorporation of virtual event
- School-wide activities (i.e: individual art activities, button blankets, heart garden)
- Planning for Video Stories with Elders Project
How Will We Know?
We will look at student engagement in cultural learning opportunities, parent and student survey data in our analysis of our progress and effectiveness.